Software Support Analyst
This is an exciting career development opportunity to work in a friendly, family owned, progressive food and farming business based at a rural location in an open plan low density office.
Reporting to the Group ICT Manager you will:
- Support and code internal BI Software (Qlik)
- Assist with new software projects to ensure smooth transition, successful implementation and compatibility with existing systems
- Work alongside the Database Coordinator to develop knowledge of existing software in-house with a view to enhance and further develop such applications.
- Assist with general IT support.
The role will suit a Graduate level software developer. You will be responsive and user focused to ensure the needs of clients and colleagues are met in a timely, friendly and cost effective manner.
Knowledge & Skills
- Graduate level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent course
- Experience with Python or C# and Microsoft SQL
- Ability and motivation to actively seek new frameworks in the open source community
- Ability to be flexible, resourceful and quick to learn and adapt to change
- Good communication skills
- Strong team player
- Previous IT Support role experience would be desirable but not essential
- Salary dependent on skills and experience
- Supporting the Group ICT Manager with ICT helpdesk issues
- Attending and contributing to Company software meetings
- Assisting Database Co-ordinator to resolve issues with JSR software users
- Ensuring JSR’s Digital Data is protected at all times by abiding to IT security standards
- Support the server and end-users using the new BI tool Qlik
- Attending monthly IT support review meetings with the Director of Science and Technology and the Group ICT Manager
- Assist Group ICT Manager and Database Coordinator to uplift/replace current JSR Software Systems
- To be aware of and abide Company’s Health and Safety procedures and Pig Unit Biosecurity Guidelines
- Assist Database Coordinator with testing the current and future software being developed
- Study and further your knowledge to enhance your development skills
37.5 hours Mon to Fri (office hours 0830-1700) plus occasional additional hours as per the requirements of the role e.g. emergency call outs, out-of-hours upgrades or travel to remote sites.
31 days per year (including Bank Holidays)
Company Health Scheme, Contributory Company Pension Scheme
Closing Date - Friday 29th May 2020