Pig Stockperson - Newbottle
The JSR Farming Group is a progressive family-owned farming and Pig Breeding Business based at Southburn, near Driffield in East Yorkshire.
A full-time Pig Stockperson is required for our 450 sow Nucleus Unit near Banbury, Oxfordshire. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work within the Company’s Genetic programme producing boars and gilts for UK breeding stock.
- Day to day implementation of the agreed routines to achieve the individual unit goals
- Promoting and practicing the JSR Core Values
- Carrying out the day to day tasks required to meet the animals basic welfare requirements
- Implementing and identifying best practice at all times
- Developing personal skill level to meet the units targets and operate effectively
- Operating to the welfare codes of practice and environmental parameters
- Supporting the Pig Unit Manager and Assistant Pig Manager in implementing and developing the units strategy to meet the units targets
- Operate safely within the health and safety guidelines
- To feed, water and manage the health and environment of the animals daily
- To provide support and cover for other team members as instructed by the Line Manager
- To carry out all routines as identified by the Line Manager
- To inform the Manager of any compromise to the animals welfare
- To attend training courses as required to improve operating skills
- To work safely and inform the Line Manager of any potential safety hazards
- To clear up daily and keep the work area tidy
Our Newbottle Unit is at the forefront of new technologies including genetic fingerprinting, electronic feed intake recording and welfare detection cameras.
This is a challenging position and we are looking for a pro-active, honest and reliable team member. Experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided for the successful applicant.
This position offers a good Remuneration Package, Contributory Company Pension Scheme, Company Health Scheme and will include accommodation.
Closing Date - Monday 21st January 2019