Animal Technician - Southburn
A full-time Animal Technician is required on our 650 herd Pig Unit at Southburn near Driffield. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work within the Company’s commercial UK market, producing weaners through to 40 kilos, working on a 5 week batch system.
This is a challenging position and we are looking for a pro-active, honest and reliable team member. Experience would be preferred in all areas of pig production, but not essential as training will be provided to the successful applicant.
- Day to day implementation of the agreed routines to achieve the individual unit goals
- Promoting and practicing the JSR Core Values
- Carrying out the day to day tasks required to meet the animals basic welfare requirements
- Implementing and identifying best practice at all times
- Developing personal skill level to meet the units targets and operate effectively
- Operating to the welfare codes of practice and environmental parameters
- Supporting the Pig Unit Manager and Assistant Pig Manager in implementing and developing the units strategy to meet the units targets
- Operate safely within the health and safety guidelines
- To feed, water and manage the health and environment of the animals daily
- To provide support and cover for other team members as instructed by the Line Manager
- To carry out all routines as identified by the Line Manager
- To inform the Manager of any compromise to the animals welfare
- To attend training courses as required to improve operating skills
- To work safely and inform the Line Manager of any potential safety hazards
- To clear up daily and keep the work area tidy
This position offers a good remuneration package and Company benefits.
Closing Date - Tuesday 25th September 2018