Animal Technician - Eastburn
A full-time Animal Technician is required on our Pig Unit at Eastburn near Driffield. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work on a 750 sow unit running a 5 week batch system. The team are currently achieving outstanding production results.
This is a challenging position and we are looking for a pro-active, honest and reliable team member. Experience would be preferred in all areas of pig production and tractor driving, but not essential as training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Working within the team performing a variety of husbandry duties on a day to day basis
- Day to day implementation of the agreed routines to achieve the individual unit goals
- Promoting and practicing the JSR Core Values
- Carrying out the day to day tasks required to meet the animals basic welfare requirements
- Implementing and identifying best practice at all times
- Developing personal skill level to meet the units targets and operate effectively
- Operating to the welfare codes of practice and environmental parameters
- Supporting the Pig Unit Manager and Assistant Pig Manager in implementing and developing the units strategy to meet the units targets
- Operate safely within the health and safety guidelines
- To feed, water and manage the health and environment of the animals daily
- To provide support and cover for other team members as instructed by the Line Manager
- To carry out all routines as identified by the Line Manager
- To inform the Manager of any compromise to the animals welfare
- To attend training courses as required to improve operating skills
- To work safely and inform the Line Manager of any potential safety hazards
- To clear up daily and keep the work area tidy
Minimum 39 but to work as required to achieve the targets including some bank/public holidays, weekend work/night shift as required
31 days including Bank Holidays days per year
This position offers a good remuneration package and Company benefits.
Closing Date - Friday 20th July 2018