Animal/Lab Technician - Lincoln AI
JSR Genetics Ltd in partnership with Topigs Norsvin, are now the leading pig genetics Company in the UK, marketing breeding stock and semen around the globe. We are currently looking to employ a full-time Animal/Lab Technician to join the small friendly team at our AI Centre in Nettleton near Market Rasen. The successful candidate will assist in all aspects of modern reproductive technology from boar collection to processing and packing semen prior to dispatching orders to customers. Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided.
We are looking for someone who is a practical and reliable team member who shows a positive attitude. Some early start times will be required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking Company at the forefront of AI technology within the Pig Industry.
Working within the Centre Team performing a variety of husbandry duties on a day to day basis
- Hygienic collection of boar semen
- Health and welfare of the boars at all times
- Maintaining accurate and legible records
- Providing a quality product to customers at all times
- Maintaining the health of the stud by following bio-security procedures at all times
- Working to the industry standards set out by BPEX
- To promote and practice the JSR core values
- Collection of semen from boars required from the days Collection Rota
- Cleaning out the boar accommodation to ensure the boar pens are clean at all times
- Keep the collection areas clean, tidy and disinfected
- Assist in the Laboratory when required
- Accurately packing and dispatching of semen orders to customers
- Highlight any foreseeable problems to your Line Manager
- Comply with health and safety requirements at all times
Min 39 hours per week including some Statutory Bank Holidays with some early starts
31 days per year including Bank Holidays
Company Health Scheme, Pension Scheme, Death in Service
Closing Date Wednesday 28 February 2018